Monday, July 28, 2008

OCD...

I am not OCD... though some days my life would be so much easier if I was. Today for example... I told my husband I would do some dishes today (usually I do them at night but due a big kitchen project I had two loads instead of one). So, I woke up and we ate, then I attempted to do yoga but we having computer issues and the video wasn't playing. So, I sat down to read... I am really into Tennessee Williams right now. The kids were not listening and being loud so I told them they had to lay on my bed for quiet time... this induced a naptime that came 2 hours early. I was sleepy too, so I slept. I woke up a bit before them and came downstairs to do the dishes... it's now 1:30pm. I started a fun string of texts with my husband, cleaned the kitchen, put a frozen veggie pizza in the oven, checked my mail, received a phone call... I was feeling so productive. I even washed the kitchen window.... something I have been meaning to do all week. Then I realized.... OMG... I put a frozen pizza in the oven. I rushed over to get it... sure enough, black. I am so terrible at planning things and if life is not happening as normal (like having to do a load of dishes during the day) then I always seem to drop the ball on something.

It's the same story for leaving the house... grocery shopping is the worst. I can make a list... it doesn't mean everything I need is on the list. I admire those that are so fastidious to have every little detail planned out... I can't seem to grasp what all the details are! So, as much as I try to get organized and be diligent about it... the details still slip through my fingers. One thing is for sure... I need to see it coming, meaning don't surprise me, you'll ruin my week. And... it has to be my way, because that is what makes sense, not necessarily what is "the right way" or the best way or even the most efficient way... it just makes sense.

My husband found it funny that we were eating lunch at 2:30pm. When I explained to him that kids and house work is more than I can organize in a day, he texted back... we still love you. But, here we were at home, 2:30pm , black pizza and a clean kitchen. So, it all worked out... oh did I mention the gum in the carpet? yeah, I am getting ready to clean that up now.

No comments: