Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Entry

It came to me in my not sleep last night that I can blog all my thoughts and knowledge regarding my existence as an ASD Adult. I have just recently discovered I am Autistic, I have been misdiagnosed in the past as depressed, and (believe it or not...) overly well adjusted. Huh?!!! Is that a real diagnosis? I was really baffled by this one. None the less, I knew I was still outside the realm of the rest of the human race.

I am a stay at home Mom. I have two kids, they are 3 and 2, and we are having another child in September. Mom is not the job for someone like me. Most days, I shut down midafternoon and all I can do is cry. I am not sad. I love my kids. But, all my senses are blowing up inside me. The kids are so loud and they are constantly touching me and calling my name. It's especially hard with the baby moving inside too. I know getting through the first year of breastfeeding will be the hardest trial yet. It's all too much. I would love to work more. It scares me to leave my kids in the care of someone else though, as most people I have met are insensitive and quite stupid. I am pretty sure my son is also ASD. My daughter however appears completely average.

My skill set includes, playing piano, french horn, flute and singing, modeling (mostly runway) and acting (a new skill).

I wonder how my life would be different if my parents knew I was autistic. The big question... would they have ensured my music training knowing that I would most likely have one interest and that would be my best bet at a stable adult life? Playing french horn has been my interest since I was eight. Something to think about I guess.

Well, that's all for now. I intend this site to be full of information on Autism as well as my own thoughts about the matter.

No comments: